The Isolated Artists.
Issue One – Winter Solstice 2019 – ‘Connection’
THREE, TWO, VAN… GOGH!
- Our inaugural issue of The Isolated Artists is ready and waiting for you to download and share with your community… woo-hoo!
- The cover artwork is ‘Tainted Kaleidoscope’ by Laji Sanusi, a London based artist.
- And no Monet needed! This issue is completely FREE! Click the link below to download and enjoy.
- The Isolated Artists Vol 1 No 1 Winter 2019 Connection.
- About The Isolated Artists.
The Isolated Artists has been created by a dedicated group of professional artists working to establish a community of collaborators and creatives to produce periodical ezines featuring work around a central theme. The Isolated Artists is purposefully removed from the social mediated world of distraction, seeking instead to encourage challenging creative briefs, showcasing emerging and established talent and reaching an ever-expanding creative audience. Collectively, through inclusion, The Isolated Artists challenge the solitude of the artist through meaningful interpretation of its briefs. Submitted work will be judged on its own merits, without consideration of experience or prestige.
Issue Two – Spring Equinox 2020 – ‘Death & Re-Birth’
The Isolated Artists, the new e-zine connecting artists, welcomes submissions for inclusion on the theme of ‘Death & Re-Birth’.
Featured work will be given x1 A4 page spread and credited with name, one social media link or website.
Theme: Death & Re-Birth
As we transition from Winter to Spring, we pass beyond death to the hope of new birth, new life, new ideas, new dreams, new goals. We make new resolutions, pursue an end to old behaviours that no longer serve us, search for the fresh, new ideas that we can nurture, giving them energy to bloom into new creations. What does this transition mean to you? As an artist, how do you respond to the shifting of the old to the new?
- Open to all artists, writers, photographers and creatives.
- Size A4 or scalable to A4.
- Any medium can be used.
- Please send either a PDF, High Resolution Photograph or Scan of your finished work to email@example.com
- Please ensure you include your full name, social media link and title with your submission. Without this, we will be unable to credit your work if included in The Isolated Artists ezine.
- All submissions will receive a link when The Isolated Artists ezine goes live which can be downloaded FREE.
- Due to anticipated high demand, we are unable to reply to submissions.
- Submission does not necessarily mean your work will be featured in The Isolated Artists ezine but you will be part of our ever expanding network for creatives.
- Please ensure you own the copyright to submitted work.
- The editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Deadline February 21st 2020 at noon
- Release date: March 2020
Initial avenues you may wish to explore
- Do you promise yourself new habits, routines and goals in your creative life?
- How does the shifting of darker days to longer days affect you creatively?
- From where do you draw inspiration during the cold, bleak Winter months before the arrival of Spring?
- What cycles of death and re-birth have you allowed to pass as an artist and how has this affected your perception on life?
We look forward to seeing your interpretation. Now, out with those pencils, paints, cameras, quill pens, clay and yes, maybe even the odd digital work! Welcome – you are now part of The Isolated Artists.